INSURANCE & BILLING
At Texas Children’s Urgent Care, we understand that health care billing can be complicated. Our goal is to make sure that each bill is correct and that all of your questions are answered. Our billing department may be reached Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 4 pm at 832-824-2999 to help you with your account.
If you are unable to access your billing details in MyChart, please contact the customer service at 832-824-2999 / Toll Free 888-263-6360.
Texas Children’s Urgent Care is contracted with the insurance companies listed below. If your child is covered by one of their plans, all charges will be considered “in network.” If your child’s insurance company is not listed, charges may be covered under your “out of network” benefits.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna EPO
- Aetna PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield BlueChoice PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO Blue of Texas
- Choice Care Network PPO (Humana)
- Cigna PPO
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna - GreatWest HealthCare
- Humana HMO
- Humana PPO
- Imagine Health (Aetna SmartCare)
- MultiPlan - PHCS
- MultiPlan - Beech St.
- United Healthcare HMO
- United Healthcare PPO
- CHIP - Texas Children's Health Plan
- CHIP - Community Health Choice
- CHIP - United Healthcare Community Plan
- Medicaid Managed Care - Texas Children’s Health Plan STAR Kids
- Medicaid Managed Care - United Healthcare Community Plan STAR Kids
- Medicaid Managed Care - United Healthcare Community Plan Texas STAR and Texas STAR PLUS
- Medicaid Managed Care - Community Health Choice STAR (CHC)
- Medicaid Managed Care - Texas Children's Health Plan STAR
- Medicaid - Traditional - TMHP
- Medicaid - Children with Special HealthCare Needs (CSHCN)
If your child is covered by insurance, please bring your insurance card with you to simplify registration. Our staff will copy the card and submit charges directly to your insurance company. Your urgent care copay will be collected at the time of service. If your plan does not have an urgent care copay, we will collect the specialist copay listed on your card at the time of service.
About 30 days after your visit, you should receive a notice from your insurance company summarizing the charges and payment for service. If your insurance company has covered the full amount, your insurance company will send payment directly to us. If the insurance company has applied some of the charges to your deductible, we will send you a bill for the amount still owed.
Please note that each insurance plan is a contract between you and your insurance company, and each plan is different. If you have specific questions about your plan benefits and what charges will be applied to your deductible, please contact your insurance company directly.
If your child is not covered by insurance, Texas Children’s Urgent Care offers discounted self-pay rates at the time of service. Please note that self-pay rates include all charges related to the diagnosis and treatment of your child as well as any labs or procedures performed in the clinic. It does not include any charges for labs that need to be sent out or are performed outside of the clinic. Our staff will notify you before any outside lab work is sent.
There are 3 self-pay rates based on the complexity of the visit.
Level 1 (Low Complexity) - $125
- Office Visit
- Urine dip
- Strep test
- AB Otic
- PR (rectal) or PO (oral) over the counter medications
Level 2 (Medium Complexity) - $160
- Office visit – maximum of 3 procedures below, >3 procedures = Level 3
- Flu test
- RSV test
- Strep culture
- Urine culture
- Wound culture
- Breathing treatment
- Blood work
- X-ray ONLY or X-ray with aluminum finger splint
- Simple foreign body removal
- PO Steroid
- Ear Irrigation, Elephant ear wash
- Woods lamp with exam
- Ear drops
- Eye drops
- Wound care
- Burn care
Level 3 (High Complexity)- $210
- Office visit – greater than 3 procedures
- Fracture care
- X-ray with splint/crutches/pre-formed splint/post-op shoe
- IV/SQ rehydration
- Septic work-up (multiple labs)
- Dermabond/skin glue
- Laceration repair (sutures/staples)
- Complex foreign body
- Incision & Drainage with culture and/or packing
- Tdap vaccine
- Bicillin injection